Thursday, January 1, 1970
October 17, 1895
There is no room for failure. I am yet to turn to the eleventh year of my life, but I am aware of my responsibilities. My duty is to my country. It is to my Emperor. To die defending either, means to die in respect, having fulfilled my life to its greatest extent. I am hardly intelligent in the standards of my esteemed teachers, but I will prove myself. I will show them all the extent I am willing to go to. One of the boys at the academy today was questioning his duty again; that cannot be forgiven. That will not be taken lightly, not for as long as I stand, not for as long as I can do something about it. We fought today -- the boy and I -- he said he had the right to feel that way. Imagine that, the right to feel that way?! There is no such thing, there is only duty and honor, to my country and my emperor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment